The flow is calculated on a cartesian grid, some of the cells of which are cut obliquely by the facets.
These calls are treated by the PARSOL technique, with the result that the calculated flow field is smooth.
The Q1 is case v110 of the INput-file libraries.
Work on simulating the movement of the limbs is in progress.
The following pictures display some of the results: streamlines around the man
velocity contours, showing how the man's presence causes a wake of
1. longitudinal component behind the man,
2. longitudinal component in a waist-level horizontal plane,
3. longitudinal component in a vertical plane aligned with the direction of motion,
4. As for 2, but showing how PARSOL produces a smooth flow, even though the grid is coarse,
5. lateral component at the same plane,
6. vertical component at the same plane,
Various representations of the distance from the man's surface, used
for the calculation of turbulence:
1. 2. 3.
Various other velocity contour diagrams from a similar laminar-flow
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.