TITLE : SOIL DRIFT POLLUTION IN A RIVER
BY : S Zhubrin - CHAM-MEI
DATE: SEPTEMBER 1995
PHOENICS VERSION: 1.4 Shareware
- This case concerns planar, two-dimensional, two-phase
soil-water flow with sedimentation through a 180
degree turnaround duct.
- The phases have different temperatures and PLANT is
used to introduce the interphase heat transfer rate.
Further details of PLANT:
- PLANT is a PHOENICS add-on which allows users to change
the coding within certain GROUND groups and sections using
PIL instructions in the Q1 file.
- PLANT can include GROUND coding for non-linear property
correlations, interphase transport features, initial fields,
non-linear source laws and output control calculations.
- PLANT is intended for use by those with a need to include
GROUND routines but who either lack the necessary FORTRAN
knowledge or who wish to same time by placing the necessary
commands in the Q1 file
- PLANT adds the required coding into GROUND and recompiles
the EARTH executable before starting the run.
- PLANT is included in PHOENICS 1.4 Shareware.
Pictures are as follows :
1. Velocity vectors for the water
2. Velocity vectors for the soil particles
3. Slip velocity
4. Volume fraction of soil particles
5. Sedimentation mass transfer rate
6. Water temperature
7. Soil temperature