TITLE : PHASE DISTRIBUTION IN A SMOOTH EXPANSION
BY : S Zhubrin - CHAM-MEI
- Two-phase air-water mixture flows through the smooth
expansion of a duct.
- PLANT is used to perform the GROUND condings for the
introduction of linear interphase friction law.
- Body-fitted coordinates are used.
Further details of PLANT:
- PLANT is a PHOENICS add-on which allows users to change
the coding within certain GROUND groups and sections using
PIL instructions in the Q1 file.
- PLANT can include GROUND coding for non-linear property
correlations, interphase transport features, initial fields,
non-linear source laws and output control calculations.
- PLANT is intended for use by those with a need to include
GROUND routines but who either lack the necessary FORTRAN
knowledge or who wish to same time by placing the necessary
commands in the Q1 file
- PLANT adds the required coding into GROUND and recompiles
the EARTH executable before starting the run.
- PLANT is included in PHOENICS 1.4 Shareware.
Pictures are as follows :
Water velocity distribution
Air velocity distribution
Air volume fraction contours