TITLE : TANK FAILURE - LIQUID IMPACT FORCES
BY : ISHII IRON WORKS CO. - V Palanisamy, Y Tada
DATE : 1995
- Liquid impact forces resulting from failure of the inner
tank of a double wall storage tank are investigated.
- Both scalar equation and height of liquid methods are used
for liquid surface tracking.
The pictures are as follows:
- Results indicate that the scalar equation method is best
suited for free surface prediction.
- A variety of failure modes were tested.
1. Computational grid and free surface contours.
2. Impact force variation with tank height, for different modes of failure.