Title: Sliding Mesh Example
By: CHAM User Support Team,
Date: February 1998 PHOENICS Version: 2.2.2
Purpose of the Calculations:
The purpose of the calculations is to demonstrate the ability to predict the flow in a
rotating multi-bladed impeller.
Flow and Computational Details:
- The case shows a many-bladed impeller rotating at 5 r.p.m. The basic geometry is shown
- The shaded area on the upper surface, and the brown shaded area on the back face are
open to atmosphere. The remaining external boundaries are closed.
- The model consists of two blocks of grid. The first block contains the geometry of the
blades. It rotates relative to the outer block, which forms the body of the impeller
- The PHOENICS GCV Collocated Velocity solver is used.
- The following pictures show the velocity and pressure fields
The Velocity fields
The Pressure fields