TITLE : HOTBOX EXAMPLE - HEAT DISSIPATION IN A DATA-COMMUNICATIONS
BY : CHAM Development Team - D Radosavljevic
FOR : Northern Telecom Europe Ltd.
DATE : 1992
PHOENICS Version : HOTBOX 1.6
- Two-Dimensional Steady-State flow
- Cartesian Computational grid
- Example of how a heat bridge can be used to significantly enhance
heat transfer between two separate components.
- Heat is transferred by natural convection between the Heat Source
and a heat-sink across the air gap between them.
- WITHOUT heat bridge RESULT : Block over-heated to 165 C.
- WITH heat bridge RESULT : Block cooled to 85 C.
Pictures are as follows :
Temperature contours WITHOUT heat bridge
Temperature contours WITH heat bridge