TITLE : STIRRED TANK WITH SUSPENDED PARTICLES (Library Case : W918)
BY : CHAM Development Team
- Two-Dimensional unsteady flow
- Polar coordinate computational grid
- A finely-divided solid is supposed to be uniformly distributed within
a liquid, which is at rest in a cylindrical container, of diameter 1m
and height 1m. The particles and liquid are at different temperatures;
and the particles are soluble in the liquid.
- A paddle wheel, situated on the axis near the floor of the tank, is
suddenly set in motion.
- The subsequent motions of the liquid and of the particles are computed,
together with their changes in temperature, and the increase in
concentration of the soluble material in the liquid.
Pictures are as follows :
1. Liquid phase velocit
2. Solid phase velocity
3. Pressure distribution contours
4. Liquid volume fraction
5. Soluble material concentration